T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Monday, February 9, 2009

Telephone Solicitors...

A couple weeks ago we starting receiving urgent calls to lower our credit card payments. Very interesting because we have no outstanding credit card debt. We would just hang up when the automated message started. Finally, Skip got tired of the calls and he pressed 9 to" lower our payments". A very polite, well spoken girl came on and started asking questions. And my hubby just started feeding her incorrect information. The conversation went something like this:

Girl: Do you have outstanding credit card debt?
Skip: Yes.
Girl: About how much?
Skip: Forty or Fifty thousand.
Girl: About what would you say your interest is on that debt?
Skip: 10 to 12 percent.
Girl: Gosh, I think I need to get my manager and see if there is something we can do to help you out with this.
Skip: Wait, you seem like a nice enough person. Let me save you the trouble. We don't have credit card debt and we just want you to stop calling.
Girl: (click - line disconnected)

We went another couple weeks with no calls. Then they called again today. It showed up on my caller ID as "Florida" and the phone number was: 1-407-000-4712.

After the initial phone tree message asking if I would like to lower my credit card payments, I dialed 9. A man answered:

Man: Did you dial 9 to lower your credit card payments?
Jenn: No, I dialed 9 so you would stop calling us.
Man: How old are you?
Jenn: What do you mean how old am I? It should not matter how old I am?
Man: Is you mommy or daddy there?
Jenn: Excuse me?!? I am the mommy of this house and I want you to stop calling!
Man: Sorry miss, we will remove you from the calling list.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Hahaha! Mommy or Daddy?!! How hilariously offensive.
Love it.
We'll appreciate it when we are 60, no doubt!