T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tuesday's Tribute

Tuesday's Tribute

Angie, over at Seven Clown Circus (where I won the Target gift card - thank you again!) is now going to be hosting Tuesday's Tribute. I thought it would be a good time to jump on board and participate. Plus, I had such a great time yesterday talking about my little guy that it gives me a good excuse to pay tribute to him - my little T-Rex.

Hence, seven more "what I love" statements about my little guy...

1. I love it when he takes my hand and leads me somewhere. (Usually to the bathroom for a GP break but other places too!)


2. I love when I ask who "Thomas" is he pats his chest, and when I ask who mom is he touches my nose.


3. I love that he is enamored with my earrings - they are dangling pearls - he likes them because they are spheres and he LOVES anything sphere-shaped. I wear these earrings nearly everyday because they provide a good distraction in case of melt down.

4. I love that's he obsessed with spheres. He has to take some kind of spherical object with him EVERYWHERE!!! And he will find the first one he sees as soon as he gets somewhere. Generally he has at least 2-3 with him at all times.



5. I love how he smells after his bath or shower. (He actually prefers showers - which makes me love him more!)


6. I love that he sleeps through the night - it was a long road to get here!


7. I love that he LOVES his dad. He waits by the door leading to the garage as soon as he hears the garage door open and the car pulling in.


Okay, maybe a few more...


8. I love that he wants a few snuggles before sleepy time.


9. I love that he is still interested in breastfeeding (although, it is a challenge sometimes when I want to get out of the house - he has NEVER liked bottles).


10. I love that he has his own blog - I started it mainly as a way for relatives to keep updated as he grew. Now he has more followers than I do! If you need more to feed your T-Rex fix, you can visit his blog -
T Rex Tales. "He" updates it a little more often than I do!

Thanks for reading my tribute and allowing me to talk about my child. I always said I did not want to be one of those people who talks endlessly about their child. Now I blog so technically, I'm not "talking" about him endlessly, just writing about him!


If you'd like to participate in Tuesday's Tribute click on the button at the top and get started - simple as that! I'd love to read about your tributes!


Don't forget the April giveaway is going on now through the 23rd...
One entry counted per comment per posting on either this blog (T Rex Mom and Dad Tales) or T Rex tales. Entries are doubled for followers.

6 comments:

septembermom said...

Sweet tribute to your little guy! He's so lucky to have such a loving mom and dad! All of my kids breastfed and they hated bottles too. Showers are much easier. Sleeping through the night is a true blessing. I still have some crazy nights here!

Claremont First Ward said...

what a wonderful list of things you love about him. He is a doll and that he sleeps through the night is fantastic! :)

H.K. said...

What a beautiful tribute to your son! And especially now that he can sleep through the night, that's a major triumph!

(found you via Angie thru Seven Clown Tuesday tribute)

Nina said...

I love that fresh after a bath smell....

Sleeping through the night, we are just not their yet. My Thomas does it on occasion but still up more nights than not.

Jenners said...

This was wonderful! I just loved reading it ... and your mutual love for each other just shines through! And it cracks me up "his" blog has more followers than yours! : )

Ginger said...

What an adorable boy you have! And what a great mom he has! It is inspiring to read about how much you love your son...and being a mom.

I'd love to email you and get caught up. My email is gingergail78@yahoo.com if you want to drop a line.

Have a happy day!