T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

What Kind of Diapers??? Results are in...

Diaper poll results...
Pampers was the most popular.

For T Rex we started out using Huggies because we seemed to always have coupons. Then we started getting them at Costco. One day, the day care accidentally switched our diapers and we started getting the Costco Kirkland brand and decided they were better and cheaper. From there, T Rex started potty training at 14 months and diaper usage went way down. We still have a big box in the garage for nights but mostly we use his underwear and Pull-ups for going out. We did try 7th Generation chlorine free diapers when T Rex had his bad rash and they were actually pretty good.

I think for the next little one we are going to give cloth diapers a try - at least once we are past the newborn stage - I remember changing T Rex 20 times a day when he was between 2 weeks and 6 weeks old (and EVERY diaper had stool in it). I don't think I want to buy or wash that many cloth diapers.

I am going to try to make some and also put my mom on diaper sewing duty. Ally at Mommy Love (sorry, it's private or I would give you the link) makes her own and it seems like it's not too tough. And since I have miles of fabric in the closet it will go to good use. In those early newborn days we'll probably use the chlorine free kind again. I might even give those new G diapers a try too. I'd love to hear any feed back you have on any of these thoughts.


Moving on...

(I know you are all in suspence!!!)


The winner of the Target Gift Card - Katie!!!

Katie and I actually went to high school together oh so long ago. I love that we have been able to connect again so many years later. And now she has a cute little toddler just a bit younger than our T Rex!

A small tidbit about Katie that I remember (other than she was one of the few other girls with me in all those honors and AP classes) - she seemed to always be winning the state spelling bee championship. That girl could spell anything from A to Z!


Congratulations, Katie!!!

Stay tuned for the next giveaway coming soon...

4 comments:

mitchsmom said...

I have some cloth dipes that I need to pass on... mostly home made by my grandma... terry on inside and flannel on outside with velcro (the good kind, forgot what it's called)... they were sort of patterned after Kushies... I can take pics...
I know some people feel funny about using used cloth dipes so I totally understand if you're not interested or plan on enjoying shopping for your own (it can be kind of addicting!)... just LMK if you are though, or know someone that could and would use them! :)

Katie said...

Aw, Yeah! I am a winner! :-) Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane...would you believe I still have my plaques and trophies from those spelling bees? I am such a nerd. At least they're in storage and not on display.

septembermom said...

Congrats to Katie. I'll be interested to hear how the cloth diapers work for you. I always wanted to try them.

Kim said...

You're right, at the beginning it will be futile to try and use cloth diapers. I felt the same - we must have changed D at least that. I hope you have success with cloth - I feel sick with guilt all the time about how much waist we are putting out on the curb weekly!