T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Outfit...

What do you do when you have a big family gathering the next day, the stores are closed, and you've overspent your budget money for the month and therefore cannot purchase anymore non-essentials for the remainder of the month and you really want your child to look cute in photos you know will be taken?

Well...
Here's what I did:



This project took about 90 minutes total from start to finish. The shorts are my standard "dad friendly" design with the pocket in back.

Then I took one of T Rex's plain white T-shirts and applied the car to it using doubled sided iron-on interfacing and then stitching over it. I used buttons from my mother-in-law's collection (she lets me raid it once in a while - treasures galore!) for the wheels and headlight.




T Rex actually really loved the car on his shirt - he kept touching and pointing to it saying "broom broom".

Finished product in action:




Whew! Glad it's a new month but alas, already once again spent my petty cash. This time on finishing touches to T Rex's bathroom decor:







Serious, cuteness in the form of ducks, which he is totally obsessed with (although, still have NOT displaced his original true love - spheres).

Guess, it's time to make some more outfits!

6 comments:

septembermom said...

You can't go wrong with ducks :) You amaze me each time with the cute things you can make so quickly! I wish I lived next door to you so you could teach me a thing or two!!

Jason & Claire said...

You're too cute. I'd never think of that. I'm sure all those pictures came out adorable.

Nina said...

What a cute outfit. Someday I will find the time to sew. Haha...

His bathroom is very cute! We only have one bathroom so it is not decorated for kids but grownups. He would love the Duck book we have from Usborn books. My Thomas has to read it every single night because you have to find the duck. He loves find the duck on every single page.

Mommy of M's said...

What a cute outfit!!

I worked on the M's bathroom this weekend too! I'll post pics later this week!

Nina said...

The name of the duck book is "Find the Duck" by Usborne Publishing and illustrated by Stephen Cartwright.

It is a hard bound page book and only has about 10 pages but it is perfect for toddlers. Thomas just loves this book.

Kim said...

I can't believe you made this outfit!! It is adorable!!

We just finished Deaglan's 'toddler' bedroom and I will be posting the pics soon. I got most of the stuff used and Shaune and I just love it. Deaglan does too but I haven't had him sleeping in there yet. I want to wait for the weekend and get him started with naps first. I'm nervous that he will flip out. We wanted to leave the 'baby' room as is for the next person - although we've had no luch as of yet. Last time it seemed so easy!