T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mornings...

Usually we would be posting a weekend update. However, it was such a full weekend that one posting cannot begin to convey everything we did. So, this is just a glimmer from our weekend...

Mornings in T Rex Family Household...

T Rex usually wakes between 6:30 and 7:00 am. T Rex Dad gets up with him about 98% of the time allowing me to sleep in until 8:00 on weekdays and 9:00 on weekends. However, this particular morning I let T Rex Dad sleep in since I fell asleep at 9:00 pm the night before and was actually ready to wake up.

One thing about having a youngling that wakes before dawn, one of us always gets to see the sun rise. And this morning was no exception...


After the sun is up, you can see the river.


There's the river. As you can see, the trees already have turned. Lovely.

Then a small snack of puffs or Cheerios...


And, of course, some playtime while breakfast is being prepared.

We always stay in our PJs until breakfast is over. Then the day can officially begin and we get dressed to start our day.

This upcoming week is promising to be extremely busy with studying (of course), doctor appointments, a special dinner date for just T Rex Dad and me, playdates, birthday celebrations (yes, more than one), and gaming. And I have several craft projects that have been started so somewhere I want to make a little time to finish them off - I'm trying to get all my Christmas gifts done before December. I'll certainly keep you posted.

In the mean time, how was your weekend and what are mornings like in your household?

4 comments:

Nina said...

We divide our weekend and I sleep in on Saturday (till 9) and my husband sleeps in on Sunday (till 9). I don't think I can sleep past 9 in the mornings anymore of course I don't care what day it is, I am in bed by 10 at that latest.

Our time just recently changed to Daylight Savings and my little one has been getting up at 6:30 instead of 7:30, it is not any fun.

septembermom said...

Beautiful sunrise photo! Cute photo of Daddy and T-Rex too. It's nice to have a morning routine. Ours is pretty set during the week. The weekend varies a lot.

Hope you're feeling well!

Caitlin said...

Great photos! Yes, there are SOME advantages to having an early bird....

We stay in our pjs until after breakfast too!

Jenners said...

Our mornings start very early too -- in fact, it was 5:30 this morning despite my best efforts to get my little one to sleep AT LEAST until 6:00. We don't have such a lovely view though ... what a relaxing way to wake up!