T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Band is Breaking Up...

It's been over two years since we three ladies met at our local hospital's new mother's group. We were all first time moms with boys and were not entirely sure what we were doing. Some of us had a lot of kid experience either as a nanny, nurse, or aunt, but somehow when it was our child, it was a completely different ball game.


Myself, Colleen, and Caitlin

After the new mom classes were over, we decided to start rotating meeting places to each of our homes. I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to share our sleep deprivation challenges or feeding triumphs. Then these mom sessions became a playgroup for our boys. It has be wonderful for T Rex to see his friends every week and trade toys back and forth. But it has been especially wonderful to see these little guys grow from tiny babies to little boys.


Joseph, Cooper, T Rex


T Rex, Cooper, Joseph


Joesph, Cooper, T Rex


Cooper, Joseph, T Rex


Joseph & T Rex wearing the French shirts Cooper brought back from Europe.


Lunch time fun - note T Rex's awesome boot - loaners from Joseph.


One day when I had all three boys by myself - controlled chaos but quite fun.


Cold day at the park

We all also started our second round of children at nearly the same times. Colleen was the first, me about 2 months after, and Caitlin 2 weeks after that. Again, wonderful to experience pregnancy and second time parenthood with these ladies once again. It was truly comforting to be in their presence knowing they knew what I was going through because they were also confronting some of the same things.


Left to right: Colleen, Caitlin, Me


Alexia, Isaac, and T Rex Princess

Since our original group started 2 1/2 years ago, we've had a few others that either come regularly or as guests, but the three of us have remained dedicated to keeping our group going.


Photo with some of our newer members at the zoo.

This week, one of our original founding members will be leaving us. Her husband has accepted a really wonderful job across country - only two time zones away (better than three, I guess). It's an amazing opportunity for them full of lots of wonderful experiences and adventures. I'm very happy for them but quite sad for my kids and me.

Ms. Caitlin is still the only person who has ever watched T Rex over night. And she did this for us while I was at the hospital having T Rex Princess (and 37 weeks pregnant, too). She's been the best of friends and is truly a stellar person. For such a young person, she is wise and mature beyond her years.



So we bid farewell and send our love and good wishes. We look forward to reading all about your adventures. (I wish I could be witty and cleaver like your blog, but alas, when I do it comes off sounding terse.) Just know we love you and you will most certainly be missed.

(Some photos courtesy of It's Spelled C-A-I-T-L-I-N)

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

such a sweet post! Thank you for your wonderful friendship and support- I couldn't have made it here without you! We love you guys and will be thinking of you often!

PS I miss our big boys as babies! How did they get so big so fast?!

Erin said...

Awww that is so cool that you went through all that together and how bitter sweet that she is leaving! I know you will all still remain close!

Kim said...

I hate when this happens. It's so rare to meet such wonderful friends who you can share so much with. It makes it even more special when they live in your area. I'm sorry to hear about your friend moving. It's clear that you will be friends for years to come though!

Rey said...

Sounds like great friends for sure. I hope you all keep in touch!

This was a sweet post!

Julie Kieras said...

This is sad but sounds like you all had such a wonderful time together. I wish I had a mom group like you - I have nobody where I live b/c my church group is over 1/2 hour away so it's hard to get together - what an amazing blessing to have 2 other moms to share your experiences with! :) I am sure you'll remain close despite distance! :)

septembermom said...

You'll be friends always. I'm sure of it! Maybe you'll come to visit...that would make me happy too. :)

Jenners said...

I'm so sad that you guys won't be together anymore .. that is an amazing bond you have ... and to have all your kids so close in age. I was shocked when Caitlin said they were moving ... but the selfish part of me was like "Yay ... she is a little closer to where I am. Maybe I'll get to meet her one day."

It was neat seeing your boys growing up in the photos.

Nina said...

Your little group is so cute! I am sure it is going to be hard to see such a good friend move away. I read Caitlin's post about the big move. She is so much braver than I am.