T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Flats - Day Six...Vacation Day 2

It's been wonderful having T Rex Dad home for the past couple of days. I haven't had to cook or clean in two days. And the adult company has been very welcome, particularly when it's my favorite person and very best friend.
The only work I have really done is diaper handwashing. An update on how the diapers did drying overnight. The ones hanging over my hamper bins dried no problem. The ones hanging over the laundry baskets on the floor, were about 80% dry by morning. The covers were about 75% dry. After I assessed the situation, I took down the dry ones and put up the damp ones on the hampers. They dried within a couple of hours. And a good thing to. We were down to one cover. And, by the way, it is still raining and raining and raining. The neighborhood pool is supposed to be opening but with nighttime temperature dropping to 42 degree F and snow in the foothills, I am not the least bit interested in trying out Bebe Sister's adorable swim suit in these cold conditions.

Thus far, I have washed 31 diapers in the past 6 days. Tomorrow should probably be wash day, however, I think I have enough diapers in the stash to wait until Monday. There will probably be quite a few to wash, but maybe I'll have some sunshine by then. That's the Flats update. Now onto the vacation update.

Lately when T Rex Dad calls to check in with us during his work days, I have been telling him about the kids and their dress up adventures. Well, since he's been home these past couple of days he has been able to experience it first hand. T Rex is just starting to get interested in dressing up but Bebe Sister really loves it. She comes up with some pretty interesting combinations.


For the past several months, T Rex has been asking his dad to take a trip to HobbyTown USA to purchase a rocket to launch at the park. We would always tell him in the spring, we would do so. Well, it did not feel like spring today but we decided, it was the day. T Rex looked at all the styles and simply stated, "I want to wait." Bebe Sister and had a great time looking at furniture for our doll house. Still, just looking. As T Rex would say, "Those are chocking hazards, Mama." Indeed.


We wrapped the daylight hours of the day with a three year old birthday party where, of course, T Rex insistently and very politely declined cake but asked for carrots on his pizza. Seriously, where did this child come from? 

Now, the kids are tucked in the beds and T Rex Dad and I are watching a favorite movie with some popcorn and lemonade. I'm taking tomorrow off so my last Flats update will be on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh to see my two decline cake! I love the dressing up. I think I may copy you and get a chest together of dress up clothes. We have so little space that I hadn't really put much thought into it. But maybe in Naveen's room. You must be marvelling at the differences you're seeing between boys and girls??

Isn't it nice when the husbands have a few days off. I feel like it's a vacation.

septembermom said...

Love how T Rex said that those are choking hazards. Such cute pictures too!