T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Green Lanterns...

Super heroes rule our household.



I have several super hero costumes and projects in the queue but since I've agreed to participate in a Christmas bazaar (selling some of my crochet creations) I find myself torn as to how I want or need to utilize my free time. Hence, my lack of online presence as of late. It will probably remain this way through the holiday season - sporadically regular.

We are all well. Okay, well, mostly well. I have a cold/virus and the kids seem to have  mild version of it, too. Otherwise, we are great. T Rex aka Captain America aka Flash aka Hulk aka Iron Man is doing great at soccer. Lil Sister aka Pink Wonder Woman aka She Cap is LOVING gymnastics. (Her instructor called her incredible and at this point the lessons are more for my benefit to learn spotting techniques rather than for her.) Okay - no more parental gushing. T Rex Dad is busy at work.

More on my work. In contrast to my previous job, my heart pained me to leave my son to go to that job. Now with my current job, not only do I enjoy where I work and who I work with but my heart does not hurt leaving the kids. Oh, I still miss them but somehow knowing I'm "healing" (to use T Rex's terminology) people alleviates that pain. It certainly helps only working 2 days a week, too.

Alas, I am struggling a bit getting too emotionally attached to some of the patients or getting frustrated with the health care system but I could write an entire blog about just that and you, my readers, don't need to hear my endless diatribes. Oh, I did participate in a community asthma screening this week - fun to be back doing stuff such as this. However, this time, I did the testing and the interpretation. Very cool to work both sides.

Alright so back to my own little super heroes. T Rex Dad found these Green Lantern masks and rings on Amazon.com. The kids LOVE them. We love seeing their imaginations working even after we step away from their toys or leave the house.





Happy October and Autumn. 

(I promise to post my bazaar projects and the Hulk and Tinkerbell I've made, too. )

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Very fun! Love superhero kids!

Can't wait to see your crafty projects and so happy your job is going great. :)

Jenners said...

I love that they are getting into the whole superhero thing!! It is fun to see them play like that! Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.