T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Friday, October 17, 2008

My Halloween Costume


One of my favorite holidays is Halloween. Maybe because I used to get the day off of school when I was a kid because I lived in Nevada and it was Nevada day, or maybe it was because I got to wear a costume to school. Regardless, I love the holiday and I love to dress up.

Generally I will sew my own costume. And this year was no exception. The theme - 1950's. When I was around age ten I became obsessed with 1950's music and style. Maybe because it was such a happy prosperous time for our country or maybe I had a thing for Ricky Nelson (still do!).


Side note for anyone who is curious about this Ricky Nelson guy - two of my favorite songs he performed. One from the beginning of his career and one from the end. Note, the second, "Garden Party," makes reference to the first, "Hello, Mary-Lou."

Here are some photos of the finished product. I sewed the skirt, petty coat, and belt. I have a red scarf and white blouse to go with it. When we attend our Halloween party this year I will make sure to take lots of photos. In the mean time, these will have to do.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

oh- so cute!! I love it!