T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veterans Day!!!

Veterans Day holds a very special place in my heart - for a variety of reasons.

First, a shout of thanks to all of you who have served this country.

Thank you!


However, there are other reasons this day is of importance to me.

Skip and I were engaged on Veterans Day in 2000.

And secondly, T Rex's actual due date was on 11-11-07 - although he was not actually born on that date. But I counted down to this date for 9 months! Here is a photo of me on 11-11-07 - we went to dinner to celebrate our friend's birthday since we were not having a baby.


Once again, Happy Veterans Day! And thanks to all our soldiers active and retired. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Somehow, I missed this post on my Google Reader... Awww! Look how cute you are pregnant!! I can't believe how far past your due date you went- I think that I would have cried every day!! You are so much stronger/braver than I!