T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Birth of Baby Giraffe

This was pretty cool.

I've always said God has a sense of humor because he created giraffes.

Click on the photo to view the video - it's just a couple minutes but worth watching...

I'm just glad I did not have to give birth to anything with hooves! And I'm sure Thomas was happy to not have to drop 6 feet immediately following his birth.

Honestly, I was most impressed with the length of the giraffe mom's tongue. If you watch the video you'll know what I mean.

Our zoo actually just opened an African exhibit and after one of our giraffes died suddenly and unexpectedly, we now have a new one, Julius, to keep the current one, Joseph, company - apparently very important for herd animals.

I'd love to hear what you think...

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

WoW! This was really neat! And SO sweet! I was surprised to see the daddy giraffe interested in the baby too! I am certainly glad that we don't give birth to 6 ft 130 lb. babies- although an hour long labor sounds pretty sweet!
Thanks for sharing!