T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Now the real "Horsin' Around"

Today I dropped Thomas off with his "Nan" and I met my friend at her horse stable. She and I used to board our horses at the same barn. In fact, BlackBerry (my horse) and Mia (her horse) used to have "apartments" right next to each other.

My horse friend, TG, and me with "Tiger Jim"


Mia (aka Princess Mia or The Miata) and her mom - Mia was getting her "pedicure" today (getting her hooves trimmed). Our horses get far more "pedicures" than we do - there is definite truth to "horse poor"!


Farrier trimming Mia's feet


Barn decor - on the left, very typical of stables to have such decorations. On the right, what I think about every time I get on a horse (John Wayne - he rocks - "What do ya say, Partner?")


My friend's bumper sticker - I love it!


One of the barn dogs - and most stables have a least one, usually more - canines as well as felines keep the place in good working order.


A cute palomino paint horse. I thought the background clouds were beautiful and very typical of winter in Idaho.


My friend and I used to take lessons together - here we are with our trainer (she's the one with the REALLY long hair - best trainer I've ever had! )



TG getting a little coaching from our trainer. Nice work, TG and Tiger!


Still shot of my friend and Tiger showing us their moves.


My turn on "the tank" - not only is he a gorgeous gelding but extremely powerful. I've never ridden a horse that walks out so fast and with such purpose! BlackBerry meanders along - so much so that I usually have to wear spurs when I ride her!


Thank you, TG, for a nice break in my week and for a wonderful time. You are such a dear friend and I am so grateful we "suffered" through those early horse days together!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Very cool! Looks like you had a great time, I am glad that you got some time alone! (and jealous.)
Can't wait to see you in a few days!
Can I borrow Season 2 of Alias? I am dying!!