T Rex Mom and Dad Tales MUST be brilliant in content and design because this is the second time we have been honored with this award. I know - the mind just reels with all the good things happening here lately. Won't get any complaining from us!
Nina from "Juggling Mama" was kind enough to pass this along to us. Thank you so much. We love reading your blog - T Rex especially loves the photos of your Thomas. He giggled when he saw the Easter egg hunt ones. You should check out her honest scraps - very surprising to me!
So, if you'd like to read Honest Scraps round one you can click here.
Here are another ten Honest Scraps - some about me and some about T Rex Dad:
1. I love to clean and organize - I know I post about it from time to time but I seriously LOVE it - I actually get down right giddy when I have a closet that needs organizing. Sad, huh?
2. We don't watch television. We don't have cable or even an antenna. If there's something we want to watch we borrow a copy of it from a friend who recorded it or wait until it comes out on DVD. The last time I saw a commercial I was waiting in a lab to get my blood drawn for a life insurance physical - it kind of freaked me out.
3. I've played the piano since I was eight - when I was little (around age 2) I had a dinosaur piano that I wore out - yes, I played it so much the hammers were shot. I begged and begged my mom to take lessons - finally I started lessons around age eight. I loved every minute of it. My first semester of college I was a music major because I had a full scholarship for piano studies. I ended up hating it. But I still play the piano and LOVE every minute of it! Now my little guy comes in a plays duets with me. I cannot wait to teach him to play real music.
4. There is a huge age gap between my siblings and myself. My sister is eighteen years older and my brother is 15 years older. My mom said I was a surprise - I say "accident" more likely! T Rex Dad's sisters are seven, nine, and eleven years older than him. His parents had planned on only three kids. His mom had a skiing accident during which she broke her leg. The story goes she just wasn't fast enough get away from Dad! But imagine how excited they were to have a boy after three girls!
5. T Rex Dad has an unbelievable recollection of time and dates. If you show him a photo or he hears a song he can tell you the year it happened. Recently we were watching his old home videos with his parents and his 70+ year old mother was calling out dates the same way!
6. T Rex Dad reads 700 words a minute (he would never tell anyone this - he is way too modest so I am sharing this for him) - as a reference average reading speed is 250 words per minute. He reads a book a week - on vacation it goes up dramatically. And I'm not talking short stories - full length novels. I tried to get him into Goodreads but it took longer to log his books than it took for him to get through them.
7. We both LOVE sci-fi. It's our genre of choice when we're not watching Baby Einstein videos. Star Trek: Wrath of Khan is my favorite sci-fi movie - Terminator 2 is T Rex Dad's favorite. Our favorite sci-fi series is Stargate SG-1 - I want to be Samatha Carter!
8. I taught myself how to sew. I never took home economics in high school or belonged to FHA. The class times always conflicted with my chosen math and science electives. I learned to knit from a pictoral diagram I googled nearly 8 years ago.
9. T Rex Dad has a giant collection of Legos - and I mean giant. It does not all fit into a large chest. There are several other bins full of them, too. T Rex has a lot to look forward to!
10. I have horrible eye sight. When I'm not wearing my contacts or glasses I only see things right in front of me. For example, if I were standing in front of you without wearing my glasses, I could not see your eyes. I keep glasses stashed all over the house and in the car just in case I suffer a contact lens failure. I got glasses when I was ten - then I became a full blown nerd. My mom did not get me stylish classes - rather I had to have the fishbowl ones - I'm still embarrassed thinking about those days. On the flip side, T Rex Dad wears no eye wear - his eye sight is still excellent.
There you have it - ten MORE honest scraps. I'll pass this along to Septembermom at My Voice, My View - I know she did 10 tidbits about herself last month but I don't think it was because she had won an award. Plus, I'd love to hear 10 more!
The rules of this award are simple:
1. Write 10 honest (and hopefully interesting) things about yourself.
2. Pass this award onto blogger(s) you find brilliant in content and design.
Don't forget the April giveaway is going on now through the 23rd...
One entry counted per comment per posting on either this blog (T Rex Mom and Dad Tales) or Thomas' blog (T Rex tales). Entries are doubled for followers.