No going out on Black Friday for me. Years ago, my sister and I would get up in the middle of the night, do our shopping, then come home before anyone was even awake. Those days are past.
Now I do what little Black Friday shopping I need to do right from the comfort of my living room. And Etsy has been a favorite this year. The rule, however, is that I can only buy things I could not otherwise make.
So, aside from a couple of cute things for the kids, the rest of my Black Friday was spent sewing. This was the focus of my efforts...
This crew of fleece monsters was the result. These are all for kids. And I still have a few more that are in the works. Other projects I have either completed or in the pipeline:
- Wool dryer balls - so far I've made about 20 but I need to make about 10 more.
- Black/White knit scarf - complete
- Christmas knit hat - complete
- Red knit hat for Bebe Sister - complete
- Boy's black/white knit hat - complete
- Buzz Lightyear blanket with matching pillow case - early stages
- Buzz Lightyear pants - only cut out
- Upcycled wool pants/longies for Bebe Sister - early stages
- "Cars" Car carrying case - design template is done
- Bath salts - 3 batches in lavender scent - complete (my house smells SO good)
After all this, I think I'll be ready for Christmas. I'll post more photos of the really cool stuff as it becomes available. In the mean time, I think I did pretty good for a Black Friday. In fact, I don't think I've ever had so many Christmas gifts after one Black Friday.
How did you spend Black Friday? When do you do your Christmas shopping and do you have a favorite place to shop for gifts?