T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Cloth Diaper Thoughts...And the Three C's

Cloth diapering has gone from a duty (pardon the pun) to a hobby. I absolutely love seeing these adorable diapers on my little bean. And just so much fun to coordinate with her clothes.

However, I think their days are numbered because she is getting better and better at elimination communication. With that being said, I need to start telling you more about why I love them before they are put into storage.


Bebe Sister is recovering nicely from a bout of pneumonia. Because of the seriousness of her illness, I opted to have her take antibiotics. They have given her massive diarrhea - not surprising. We've been trying to balance with some more constipating foods but she is still producing some huge diapers upon waking from nap time. 

Let me tell you how grateful I am that we've had our diapers - they hold in EVERYTHING. We would have blow-out after blow-out if we were in disposables, I am certain. And - no rash. Let me say that again...NO RASH. I've never seen a child with this much diarrhea not get a rash. Again - love these diapers. I know what you're thinking - yikes, those sound like disgusting diapers to clean. Two words for you - diaper sprayer. Cleans everything off and into the toilet before they go into the wet bag for keeping until laundry time.

Additionally, we haven't been able to leave the house much. With that being said, we would have had to make a special trip to the store just to buy diapers. Yes, you know what I'm talking about - that last minute, oh my gosh I am down to one last diaper, run to the store before it's dirty. Not for us. Not since making the switch over a year ago. And let me tell you this has been nice with the kids being sick and not being able to take them to the store. I just run the wash and we have more diapers. Although, a trip to the store might have made ME feel better allowing a break from the three C's - crying, coughing, and clinging.


So, there might be yucky diarrhea from the antibiotics, but diaper changing time is still a pleasure. Sometimes just putting on a diaper with a cute print or just the right shade of pink puts a smile on my face despite the frowns I've been sporting seeing my little ones with the C's.


How do you cheer up or maintain your sanity when your loved ones are feeling ill?

6 comments:

Rey said...

Firstly, so sorry to hear about illness round 2! These bugs going around are so scary! I finally (knock on wood) got my little one all better after a month of it!

Second, I need to know more about this diaper sprayer!? Sounds like something my sis should have!

And for your question, well, I sometimes just have to go outside in the sunshine for a bit!

Be well, sending lots of good vibes to your little ones!

Kim said...

Glad to hear you've had so much success with the cloth diapers. Adorable pic of Bebe.

Jenners said...

If I was back in the diaper days (and I'm thankful every day that I'm not!) I'd be convinced by your posts to go the cloth route.

septembermom said...

You are a cloth diaper pro for sure! So very cute.

I'm sorry about illness shaking up your household again. I'm hoping everyone is feeling much better.

Caitlin said...

We just went through this same thing!
We had 1 blowout (which was really not the diapers fault- it really couldn't have contained any more) but other than that, no problems and rash free through the antibiotics!
Woohoo cloth!

The diaper sprayer has helped TREMENDOUSLY! Still not fun at all, but only takes a few seconds, and then on with your day!

Courtney said...

Would you believe me if I told you I didn't have a sprayer...:) Keep debating about it but I've already gone this long!