T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Where We've Been...

My break away from school ends as of tomorrow. This past week I wanted to focus on the kids and spending time with them - getting into good rhythms and working out the last of those napping difficulties Lil Sis is experiencing. Plus, I also started a couple of crafting projects that have been keeping me occupied during nap times.


I can say I finally feel like a normal person again - rested and relaxed. Guess it is time for the craziness to begin again. I am trying to keep my schedule to only 3 days per week being away from the kids. Over break I did have discussion with my future employer and I was adamant that I did not want to work more than 2 days per week leaving some room for covering for others' vacations but for the most part, I want to be home with the kids while still allowing my brain some exercising as well. I think it will be a good balance.


We certainly kept busy. Here are photos from an outing to the Discovery Center followed by play time at the park. It has been amazingly warm - no decent snow. The kids did not play on the jungle gym at the park as they were more interested in the ducks and collecting sticks to throw into the river. The ducks were very interesting as there were some wood ducks which are fairly shy so odd to find in a park. Some of those wood ducks had cross bred with mallards which gave them a really odd look, too. Probably my brother and brother-in-law are the only ones who appreciate my attention to detail there.


It's been wonderful hanging with the kids without the stress of knowing I have to study or be at school. I know I am going to miss them so much this week working Monday through Wednesday but they are in the very capable hands of my mother plus an ample supply of playdough, stickers, books, and lesson workbooks. 


Enjoy the photos. 












Stay tuned - I am planning Lil Sis's 2nd birthday party and crafting her gift - it promises to be a most memorable party. T Rex Dad is calling the gift a family heirloom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to seeing her gift and wishing you well this semester!! The end is in sight, and I'm sure you'll do well. Are you planning on working in a private practice after graduating?

Ally said...

Oh my T-Rex has gotten so big, both of your kiddos are so cute!!

septembermom said...

I am excited to see the special gift! Great pics. Discovery center looks like fun!

Jenners said...

This looks like some great outings. And what is it with kids and sticks? And I can't wait to see this amazing gift. Hard to believe she is going to be 2!! Where does the time go!?

Tat @ Mum in search said...

That big bubble is awesome! I'm so glad you've had a lovely break.

Kim said...

I know what you mean about being sad leaving them again. I just spent two weeks at home with the boys and even though they took turns of being sick and it was in no way a vacation, I loved it just the same and was really sad this monday when I had to go back to work. Both kids took it really bad, Deaglan had a terrible first two days back - his teachers told me he cried and missed his family (his words) and Naveen clung to me like crazy when I dropped him off. It's so unnatural leaving the kids for as long as I do. I think you should do whatever you can to have as much time as you can with them while still keeping your toe in the workforce.

Julie Kieras said...

Can't wait to hear about the gift you're making! :) The pictures are awesome - I love how T Rex gets totally INTO whatever he's doing! :) You can just see his enthusiasm!
And I'm glad to hear your break has been restful for ya!