T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

Train Depot Photos

One of the first activities we did with our new found freedom from school was head to the train depot for some photos and a visit with Big Mike the engine. We did this last year, too

Unfortunately, the day did not cooperate for a variety of reasons, wind being one of them. Sigh. Taking planned photos is not something I excel at. Good thing I'm a nurse practitioner and not a photographer. 

I love how the closeness these two kids share comes through, particularly in the first photo. This is something that is a priceless component. The other day I asked T Rex what his favorite part of the day was (and we had done a lot that day), his reply was "Playing cars with Sister." They enjoy each other very much. I am so glad they have each other.

The other item in the photos I am proud of is Lil Sis's dress. She wanted a Jenny Linsky dress - recall her Jenny birthday party? By the way, she insisted on wearing the ears, too. For several months I had the materials and supplies but not the time or focus to devote to this project. It was the first project I finished when I graduated. She LOVES it. That makes it worth it. The next requested item? Tinkerbell shoes - wait 'til you see those! My kids are often the inspiration for my crafting projects, but that is a subject for a whole other posting. 


For now, enjoy the train depot photos...










Oh, and Father's Day was wonderful - simple yet wonderful. We celebrated on Saturday. The kids wanted to take their dad to sushi and TCBY for yogurt (and gummy worms). Then we just kept the day quiet on Sunday presenting him with a handmade card (literally made of their hand prints) first thing upon getting up. Here's a photo from our dinner/dessert outing.



4 comments:

Kim said...

It just makes it so worth it when their love for each other shines through. I think that dress is amazing!!!!!! You my friend, are so talented. WE had a simple Father's Day too. Love that last picture too.

Caitlin said...

ADORABLE pictures and that Jenny Cat dress is to die for! I picked up that book a few months ago as per your recommendation and my kiddos love it!
Glad you had a nice fathers day weekend!

Jenners said...

That dress is adorable!!! You should write to the author and share your creations with her. I'd bet she get a kick out of it.

Julie Kieras said...

That dress is CAPITAL A Adorable!
And, I don't think you need to worry about taking planned photos - your candids turn out SO fantastic I actually think they are so meaningful in a way a posed shot usually can't be! :) You have a fantastic skill for capturing the candid/real moments of your children's lives.