T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Honey Bear Sitting...

Some friends recently welcomed a new baby boy. Our kids are absolutely in love with the little guy. When he needed a place to stay for a couple of hours his mama asked if we were interested. There was really no option to decline based on the kids' reaction. Even when at the last minute she did not need a sitter, I told her she could not cancel as the kids would be crushed.


There is a humorous side-story to the sitting, though. The day before our scheduled "honey bear sitting session" (the kids call babies Honey Bears after the Berestain Bear's baby named Honey Bear), we had to stop by my work place so I could sign a few things. One of the partners and one of my employers came out to see the kids. He wanted to meet them. After T Rex introduced himself as a super hero he proceeded to say, "Guess what? We get to have a real life baby at our house!" There was a pause. Then I quickly interjected, "No, no we're not having a baby. We're baby sitting a new baby tomorrow." I think I heard a few sighs of relief after I interjected being as though I just started working. It's pretty humorous now but at the moment it was a little uncomfortable for me. (Although, this particular person is very kid-friendly having 5 of his own children.)


The sitting session was awesome. The only flaw this little seven week old baby has is he is too good. Seriously, the easiest baby ever and I thought Lil Sister was a breeze. It was so charming seeing the kids interact with Baby I. Fun also to see him interact back as he is just starting to really smile and coo.

The kids were most interested in showing him some of their toys and T Rex was good about ensuring there were not choking hazards within reach.





Then a few rounds of peak-a-boo - everyone loved that.



T Rex wanted to get a closer look without getting in the baby's face, hence the binoculars.

Not to forget, lots and lots of hugs and snuggles. The little guy just kicked and goo'd, happily going along with everything.


Here's a short 23 second video of an interview with T Rex regarding the sitting session. The excitement in his voice is evident.







Thank you Baby I for stopping by and playing. You and your family are always welcome in our home.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my goodness, how sweet is the peek a boo session they're having with him. So sweet. I wish we could bottle these ages up. I guess we are with our blogs:)