T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer Zoo Outing...

Yes, another zoo posting. What more can I say about the zoo, right?

Well, the kids love going so we go all the time. This was a quick trip - kind of like a walk in the park except we'd stop to see the animals. This particular trip the kids took their animals with them to show the real-life ones. Oh, and they led the tour. We went to only the exhibits they wanted and they were charged with mapping our path. We did not make it to the entire zoo but only the places they wanted. It was quite entertaining actually. Here are some photos:

The chosen animals from home - Bongo the monkey and Beak the Penguin. By the way, both were thrift store purchases that I've had in the closet for years, literally. One recent day T Rex found my secret stash of such items and "rescued them". I could not be upset that he handled the situation in such a charming manner. However, for future reference my secret stash of toys has been relocated to a more secure location.



The kids agreed the penguins would be the first stop.



T Rex children in dino-sized eggs.



The meerkats, my personal favorite.



I like seeing the kids sitting on the tiger. It's been fun watching them progress and grow while the tiger has remained constant. I remember when T Rex was smaller than his sister and sitting on the small tiger. Oh how quickly time passes.




Every trip we take to the zoo I attempt a photo of both kids sitting, posed, on the komodo dragon statue. This is the first time ever it has turned pretty decent. Hence, I am using it as September's header to this blog.


This outing was from last week. This week we're laying low as Lil Sister has had a bad gastrointestinal virus. Poor dear vomited at least a dozen times in the past 24 hours. Oh, and her preferred method of doing so was over either mom's or dad's back. Let's just say we've done a lot of laundry and airing out of the house today. So far, the rest of us are still healthy. We've been doing our best to exercise universal precautions (i.e. hand washing). Send us good thoughts that tonight is a better one than last night - we could all use the rest. Besides, we need to get back to the zoo or the aquarium again very soon.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Any trip to the zoo is always fun, no matter how many times you go!

I wanted to tell you that the kids are getting SO big! Love the header pic.

Hope Lil Sister feels better soon.

Unknown said...

How fun!! I HOPE to go to the zoo with Charis in 2-3 weeks with some friends from church. I'll DEFINITELY have to bring my camera along.

septembermom said...

The pictures are so cute and I love those hats!!

I am a big fan of the zoo too. Thanks for sharing these pics.

Julie Kieras said...

Love the header photo as always! The zoo looks like a blast