T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Star Wars Kids...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

It was a wonderful time in our Empire. The kids were healing after a bad bout of respiratory illness. We had enjoyed having Dad home for a 17 day stay-vacation. Mom's work was going good having worked some extra days while Dad was off. The holidays were past and the kids were still enjoying their new toys. Life was good. However, there was a definite tremor in the Force as two young children were beginning to explore its ways like their mother and father before them...


The kids have embraced Star Wars. We have been carefully watching the movies out of order to ensure no surprises are given away and nothing too scary happens too early in their years. (Darth Vader was quite terrifying to me as a young person so we are saving Episode 3 for last, but we want the epic "I am your father" moment to still take place for them.) Thus far we have watched in this order Episode 1, 4, 2, and 5. 

T has a Jedi costume that his cousin gave him. I actually made the costume for my nephew about 10 years ago so it is fun to see it passed back and also see how my sewing skills have developed, too. I made the cloak about 3 weeks ago and he wears it everywhere. He will even wear it right over his coat if it is cold. 

Little Sister is also loving Star Wars but she has no costumes so she does what any little one with some imagination does - pretends. She took one of her hooded bath towels and uses it as her cloak. However, pretending Princess Leia's dress is a bit more tricky. Since her birthday is coming up soon I just could not resist making a costume for her. However, when I was done it was just too tempting to wait to give it to her. I could not find a pattern so I went online and found this website. It has a good tutorial on making a Princess Leia dress. Then I just tailored it to my little princess' measurements. I used a high quality muslin for my fabric.



Here are the photos of my little Star Wars kids - Princess Leia with her Jedi protector.






 May the Force be with you...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

ADORABLE!!! :)

Jenners said...

This is awesome!!! I love that you are passing down your love of Star Wars to your kids … and those costumes are AMAZING!!! Love the little Leia and the Jedi!

Unknown said...

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! Your children seem so loving toward each other.

Missus Wookie said...

How could I resist this one? Fun to see the 10 year old costume coming back. Gorgeous dress for your Princess too.