T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm At It Again...

Today I was busy all day getting ready for the playgroup kiddies (and their parents) to come over for dinner and an Easter egg hunt. We're exhausted - it was so much fun! I cannot wait to share the photos! However, in the mean time, I've been wanting to share this post.

Yes, I was at it again - organizing...

This week I could not find any usable storage containers to put left-overs in or to pack meals for T Rex Dad's lunches. It seems T Rex likes to go into the cabinet and take out containers and play with them. Then when he's tired of playing with them they end up in drawers, toy bins, anywhere except where they should be.

I never put a lock on the cabinet because there was nothing unsafe in it - just plastic storage containers. I even tried to put the lids on them so if they did get moved, at least the two pieces would be together. Good idea in theory, except that T Rex enjoys pulling the lids off and carrying his spheres in the containers.

Thus, they were strewn all over the house. And I mean EVERYWHERE!

This week, I reclaimed them, washed them, reorganized the cabinet, and put on a lock.


Reclaimed containers as well as a few measuring cups I haven't seen in several months - probably since about the time little T Rex started crawling!


The finished product! Now I can actually find what I need when I need it!

So what was my little "helper" doing while I did all of this? There was no way I was going to be spending my free time (AKA T Rex nap time) doing this, as much as I enjoy it - and I really do enjoy it!

He had moved on to the next cabinet - sodas. Guess that will be the next one to organize and have a lock installed! If you click on the photo it will take you to his blog where I've posted more photos of his project.



Don't forget the giveaway is going on now through April 23rd...
One entry counted per comment per posting on either this blog (T Rex Mom and Dad Tales) or Thomas' blog (T Rex tales). Entries are doubled for followers.

5 comments:

septembermom said...

So glad that you had fun with all the playgroup kiddies! Smiles were all around, for sure :) I have a nephew who seems to find one of my cabinets with forgotten kitchen treasures. I can always count on him to start rummaging through the tupperware. You did a great job organizing as usual. I love T-Rex's soda can tower. Love how kids use whatever they can to build something cool!!

septembermom said...

Hi Jenn, I'm back! I left an award for you on my blog today!!

Jenners said...

Doesn't it feel great to get something in order like this? We always had problems with finding matching lids and my husband labeled the lids and the containers with the same numbers so we could easily find the matches in the mess ... becasue you know it won't stay that way forever! We just used a Sharpie and it has stayed on for a long time.

kel said...

New here! Love your blog! I really need to get going on organizing around my house!

CDB said...

WOW - I dont' know which to admire more, that incredible organization of tupperware, or the stacking of multiple cans by the toddler. Both are amazing!

Popped over from SeptemberMom's blog.. love yours!