T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Friday, February 17, 2012

Lady Bug...

During lunch today, we spied a lady bug crawling up our window on the inside of the house. We take these things as good luck. The kids were most fascinated saying she was diverted from her trip to the lady bug picnic due to cold weather. Honestly, I am amazed she is alive but we suspect she is living in our ficus tree upstairs which was where s(he) returned after the visit.


First some cute photos of the event followed by a couple of very short videos (15-19 seconds each) of each of the kids holding the lady bug.








I just love their little smiles - genuine happiness mixed with intrigue and wonder - only at this age does this occur and only for a short time. I am so glad to have captured such a moment. Thank you, Lady Bug, for stopping en route to your picnic.





Oh, I found out yesterday that I passed my written master's project/exam. Sigh of relief but the butterflies in the stomach are fluttering as I think of my oral exam and last standardized patient exam. Now to just survive the last of my clinical rotations. Urgent care is fun, interesting, and really keeping me on my toes - making me a bit paranoid about my own kids and sad to see so many antibiotics being over-prescribed. Plus, I did not realize how gratifying draining an abscess can be (this is probably the nurse part of me coming out).

Gotta go - working tomorrow. Let's just say the kids have big plans for T Rex Dad on Saturday! I also have it on good authority he's pretty excited to hang out with them, too.

3 comments:

Jenners said...

Lady bugs are one of the few bugs that don't scare the bejeezus out of me.

And congrats on being part of the way there for your masters! I have no doubt you'll pass with flying colors.

Jenners said...

Lady bugs are one of the few bugs that don't scare the bejeezus out of me.

And congrats on being part of the way there for your masters! I have no doubt you'll pass with flying colors.

septembermom said...

You're doing awesome! Love the ladybugs and the video is very cute.