T Rex Family

T Rex Family

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birds, Birds, Birds...

I recently did a search on this blog with the key word bird. There were several hits - literally. With our large windows in back we do tend to have several bird strikes a year. Recently, I posted about an injured hummingbird. Well, this week it was a little finch. 


Our hearts always stop a bit when we hear a bird hit the window hoping it survives. This one did. The kids were so excited to go out and hold it until it felt well enough to fly away. This was Lil Sister's first bird holding experience and she was thrilled by it.


Here are the photos:





 As always, they were extremely gentle and there were lots of smiles all around.

5 comments:

Jenners said...

I really want to hold a bird … of course I don't want them to get stunned so I can do this but still.

Kim said...

I'm with Jenner. I would love for the kids to be able to hold a bird. Such cool pictures.

Julie Kieras said...

I loved reading this post in my email - sorry it has taken me so long to come over and comment... you are amazing with your bird stories - I am sure your children will remember how often they got to help and hold little tweeties growing up! :) And you're brave, I don't think I could pick a bird up as I'd be afraid it would bite me! LOL

Missus Wookie said...

Lovey photos. Do you have the bird warning silhouette stickers up on your windows?

septembermom said...

Really awesome pictures. What a great experience for the kids. I think my Jillian would freak out though.